High Performance, Passenger and Light Truck Tires
This Limited Warranty (Warranty) applies to new Yokohama High Performance, Passenger, Winter and Light Truck tires, used in normal service, which become unserviceable as a result of a material or workmanship condition. It does not necessarily require the existence of a manufacturing defect in order to qualify. This warranty is not intended for tires that wear out or fail due to neglect or mistreatment.
1. WARRANTY ELIGIBILITY
Yokohama Tire (Canada) Inc. Limited Warranty covers the first retail purchaser of new Yokohama High Performance, Passenger, Light Truck, and Winter tires. All product claims under this warranty must be accompanied by the original purchase invoice from an authorised Yokohama dealer in Canada and bear the Yokohama brand name and complete D.O.T. serial numbers.
2. WHAT IS WARRANTED
If a tire becomes unserviceable from a condition other than those listed under Part 3, Yokohama will make an adjustment towards the purchase of a similar new Yokohama replacement tire:
• During the first 25% of original usable tread depth (50% in the case of temporary spare tires), Yokohama will replace, mount and balance a similar new Yokohama tire on a no-charge basis.
• After the first 25% of the original tire wear (50% in the case of temporary use spare tires), Yokohama will replace with a similar new Yokohama tire on a usable treadwear basis. The price the retail customer pays will equal the percentage of original usable “tread worn off” x CRV + mounting, balancing, and applicable taxes. CRV is a reasonable approximation of current replacement values as listed in the latest Yokohama Suggested Retail Price List.
• “Tread worn off” is computed as a percentage of the original usable tread. As tire safety regulations require replacement when the tire is worn down to the treadwear indicators (last 2/32” of remaining tread depth), the last 2/32” is excluded from the definition “original usable tread”.
3. CONDITIONS & EXCLUSIONS
Limited Warranty excludes the following:
• Failure or damage, including rapid and irregular treadwear, caused directly or indirectly by: fire; accident; vandalism; negligence; motorsport; road hazard, including impact breaks, nails, glass, stones, rocks, etc.; running flat; brake lock; spinning; overloading; improper inflation; wheel alignment; tire rotation; misapplication; improper mounting; mounting on non-approved rims; chains; studs; equipment damage; and, mechanical condition of vehicle.
• Failure or damage, caused directly or indirectly by misapplication of tire usage, as recommended by either the vehicle manufacturer or by Yokohama,
including: incorrect size, speed rating or load (ply) rating.
• Tires in an “out-of-round” condition after the first 25% of treadwear.
• Tires presented more than 4 years after the date of purchase or 5 years after the date of manufacture.
• Cosmetic or appearance damage.
• Tires branded “no adj”.
• Tires altered in appearance after leaving the Yokohama factory.
• Tires on vehicles registered or normally operated outside of Canada.
4. YOKOHAMA’S OBLIGATIONS
Replacements qualifying under this warranty will be made by any authorized Yokohama dealer in Canada.
5. OWNER’S OBLIGATIONS
The retail customer must present the damaged tire to an authorized Yokohama dealer in Canada with the original purchase invoice showing purchase from an authorized Yokohama dealer in Canada. The retail customer must pay the replacement charge of the new Yokohama tire, which is specified by the warranty. Unless otherwise specified in this warranty, the retail customer is responsible for the payment of repairs and services such as: mounting, balancing, rotation, alignment, and applicable taxes. All tires which have been replaced under this warranty may, at the discretion of Yokohama, become the property of Yokohama Tire (Canada) Inc.